- CFA Exams
- 2023 Level I
- Topic 3. Financial Statement Analysis
- Learning Module 23. Long-lived Assets
- Subject 8. Investment Property
Why should I choose AnalystNotes?
Simply put: AnalystNotes offers the best value and the best product available to help you pass your exams.
Subject 8. Investment Property PDF Download
Investment property is defined as property that is owned (or, in some cases, leased under a finance lease) for the purpose of earning rental income, capital appreciation, or both.
Under IFRS, companies are allowed to value investment properties using either a cost model or a fair value model.
- The cost model is identical to the cost model used for property, plant, and equipment (PP&E).
- The fair value model differs from the revaluation model used for PP&E. All changes in the fair value of investment property affect income.
Under U.S. GAAP, there is no specific definition of investment property. Investment properties are generally measured using the cost model.
Learning Outcome Statementscompare the financial reporting of investment property with that of property, plant, and equipment;
CFA® 2023 Level I Curriculum, Volume 3, Module 23
User Contributed Comments 0
You need to log in first to add your comment.
I am happy to say that I passed! Your study notes certainly helped prepare me for what was the most difficult exam I had ever taken.
My Own Flashcard
No flashcard found. Add a private flashcard for the subject.