- CFA Exams
- 2023 Level II
- Topic 3. Financial Statement Analysis
- Learning Module 16. Integration of Financial Statement Analysis Techniques
- Subject 1. A Financial Statement Analysis Framework
Subject 1. A Financial Statement Analysis Framework PDF Download
According to the framework there are six phases:
- Define the purpose and context of the analysis. The purpose can be evaluating equity/debt investment, issuing a credit rating, etc.
- Collect input data. The sources include financial statements, footnotes, supplementary schedules, MD&A, company web sites, press releases, etc.
- Process input data. Make necessary adjustments, calculate ratios, prepare common-size statements, etc.
- Analyze / interpret the data. A financial statement does not prove useful unless interpreted correctly.
- Draw conclusions and prepare presentations. Examples are analytical reports and recommendations.
- Follow up. Are there any changes / recent updates?
Learning Outcome Statementsdemonstrate the use of a framework for the analysis of financial statements, given a particular problem, question, or purpose (e.g., valuing equity based on comparables, critiquing a credit rating, obtaining a comprehensive picture of financial leverage, evaluating the perspectives given in management's discussion of financial results);
CFA® 2023 Level II Curriculum, Volume 2, Module 16
User Contributed Comments 1
|hb1985||For someone who didn't get >70% on Level 1 FSA, reviewing this page is a must.|
I was very pleased with your notes and question bank. I especially like the mock exams because it helped to pull everything together.
My Own Flashcard
No flashcard found. Add a private flashcard for the subject.