- CFA Exams
- 2023 Level I
- Topic 2. Economics
- Learning Module 9. The Firm and Market Structures
- Subject 1. Characteristics of Different Market Structures
Seeing is believing!
Before you order, simply sign up for a free user account and in seconds you'll be experiencing the best in CFA exam preparation.
Subject 1. Characteristics of Different Market Structures PDF Download
A financial analyst must understand the characteristics of market structures to better forecast a firm's future profit stream.
We focus on those characteristics that affect the nature of competition and pricing. They are:
- The number of firms (including the scale and extent of foreign competition).
- The extent of product differentiation (which affects cross-price elasticity of demand).
- The pricing power of seller(s). Can a firm influence the market price?
- Barriers to entry. Exit costs should also be considered.
- Non-price competition such as product differentiation.
The characteristics of each market structure will be discussed in subsequent subjects of this reading.
Learning Outcome Statementsdescribe characteristics of perfect competition, monopolistic competition, oligopoly, and pure monopoly;
CFA® 2023 Level I Curriculum, Volume 2, Module 9
User Contributed Comments 1
|Freddie33||The most difficult section in CFA|
I was very pleased with your notes and question bank. I especially like the mock exams because it helped to pull everything together.
My Own Flashcard
No flashcard found. Add a private flashcard for the subject.