Corporate Finance II
Reading 35. Working Capital Management
Learning Outcome Statements
d. describe how different types of cash flows affect a company's net daily cash position;
CFA Curriculum, 2020, Volume 4
Why should I choose AnalystNotes?
AnalystNotes specializes in helping candidates pass. Period.
Subject 2. Managing the Cash Position
The starting point for good cash flow management is developing a cash flow projection. To forecast short-term cash flows, a financial manager needs to:
- Determine minimum cash balances.
- Identify the typical cash inflows and outflows of the company.
- Develop a cash forecasting system.
Monitoring cash uses and levels means keeping a running score on daily cash flows.
- The most important task is to collect cash flow information on a timely basis.
- Establish a target cash balance for each bank.
- Use short-term investments and borrowing to help with cash position management.
- Consider other factors, such as seasonal factors, upcoming mergers and acquisition, etc.
User Contributed Comments 1You need to log in first to add your comment.
carrying vs shortage