- CFA Exams
- 2024 Level II
- Topic 6. Fixed Income
- Learning Module 46. Understanding Fixed-Income Risk and Return
- Subject 8. Credit and Liquidity Risk
Why should I choose AnalystNotes?
AnalystNotes specializes in helping candidates pass. Period.
Subject 8. Credit and Liquidity Risk PDF Download
A change in yield-to-maturity will cause a change in bond price. What is the source of the change in the yield-to-maturity?
The yield-to-maturity on a corporate bond has two components:
- Government benchmark yield. A change in the yield can come from a change in either of these two components:
- Expected inflation rate.
- Expected real rate of interest.
- A spread over government benchmark. A change in the spread can come from a change in either of these two components:
- Credit risk of the issuer. This involves the probability of default and degree of recovery if default occurs.
- Liquidity of the bond. This refers to the transaction costs associated with selling a bond.
Regardless of the source of the yield-to-maturity change, the bond price change caused by a change in the yield-to-maturity will be the same.
In practice, there is often interaction between changes in benchmark yields and in the spread over the benchmark.
User Contributed Comments 8
|I think breaking the LOS into segments this way makes debt instruments much easier to study
|Flight to quality means that investors would be more interseted in low-return low-risk investments in times of turbulence.
|This chapter here in analyst notes is explained in good way
|I totally agree... from dentures to stripping to spreading... Analyst Notes rocks!
|Im getting way to tired....all I read was stripping to spreading and something rocks....
time to hit the club...
|im with you gill
|now this makes sense !
|gill that was the best comment i've read so far
I passed! I did not get a chance to tell you before the exam - but your site was excellent. I will definitely take it next year for Level II.
My Own Flashcard
No flashcard found. Add a private flashcard for the subject.