- CFA Exams
- 2023 Level I
- Topic 5. Equity Valuation
- Learning Module 22. Industry and Company Analysis
- Subject 4. The impact of Competitive Factors in Prices and Costs
Why should I choose AnalystNotes?
Simply put: AnalystNotes offers the best value and the best product available to help you pass your exams.
Subject 4. The impact of Competitive Factors in Prices and Costs PDF Download
Competition can affect forecasts of items such as revenues, profit margin, capital expenditures, and working capital investment.
Porter's "five forces" framework can be used to analyze how competition affects costs and price projections.
- Can a company negotiate lower input prices with suppliers?
- How easy is it for a company to raise its prices for products and services?
- Is sales growth likely to be high?
- Are profit margins going to remain constant, or become higher?
Learning Outcome Statementsg. explain how competitive factors affect prices and costs;
h. evaluate the competitive position of a company based on a Porter's five forces analysis;
CFA® 2023 Level I Curriculum, Volume 3, Module 22
User Contributed Comments 0
You need to log in first to add your comment.
I am using your study notes and I know of at least 5 other friends of mine who used it and passed the exam last Dec. Keep up your great work!
My Own Flashcard
No flashcard found. Add a private flashcard for the subject.