- CFA Exams
- General Forum
- Topic: A couple of CFA Questions
|Author||Topic: A couple of CFA Questions|
I have just discovered this great site as I am looking for info on the CFA examination.
A bit of info: Both my Master's and Bachelor's are in Finance, with differing business electives here and there. I have worked for eight years in commercial lending, up to Corporte Banking in a multinational bank.
Here are some Q's:
1. Based on what little info I have provided, am I late for the Dec 2003 CFA, or is there planty of time for preparation?
2. I'm still gathering info, so bear with me - what if there's no chapter or society within my area? Would that prevent me from shooting for the CFA?
3. I plan to be a paid member of this site either today or tomorrow. Besides this, any other suggested materials to begin studying?
4. What do the three exams deal with (themes/subjects)?
5. What level of difficulty should I expect coming into Level 1 (walk in the park, hard as heck, somewhere in the middle)?
Thank you for your time, and best of luck!
|You need to go to the AIMR website. www.aimr.org I think. If not, just type it in a search engine and you'll find it. I only know this because I have been looking as well and I am planning to take Level I in June/2004. You are not too late although the price has gone up $125 I think for Dec exam registration. Again, you can find answers to a lot of those questions on the website.|
|1) Not too late at all..actually a little early for level 1
2) No chapter, no problem, don't have to actually worry about that until after passing all 3 levels
3) Start with cfacenter's notes and exams.
4) AIMR.Org will give you a good detailed breakdown
5) Level 1 pass rate was 44% last year, so I guess you can do the math. Not rocket science but no walk in the park either.
Good luck, if you have any more questions after checking out AIMR's website, and previous posts, just ask....
CFA Discussion Topic: A couple of CFA Questions
I passed! I did not get a chance to tell you before the exam - but your site was excellent. I will definitely take it next year for Level II.