- CFA Exams
- General Forum
- Topic: I really need some guidance!
|Author||Topic: I really need some guidance!|
|ok, i'm starting to panic a bit as i'm in bad shape in terms of % of 1st read-through. I'd love to hear advice as to the best way to spend my time from here on out. some important facts.
1. I just told my boss i can only work weekends until Dec 1st, my weekdays are totally FREE.
2. I've read through Quant (understand it, do well on end-of-reading questions, but haven't started to memorize anything yet), a little bit of FRA, and a little bit of Equity/Fixed Income. Everything else I haven't touched :(
3. I have a commerce degree (marketing) (so i've learned FRA, and Econ quite extensively in the past, whether or not i remember everything is another story, but I have learned it all).
4. I do have analystpro ebook as well.
so please give me some advice as i REALLY don't have much time to waste and need to concentrate my efforts efficiently. when would you think it's too late to start hammering away at review questions?
Ok you need to only slightly panic because there's still a little time in hand. Start with the topics you have no idea about, solve review questions of each session simultaneously(after knowing the reading well), solve CFAI ques also after each reading (end of reading questions).
This way you'll be thorough with each reading you do and wont need to get back to it too soon (though going through everything will be reqd in the last week before the exam).
And one more thing - you dont need to memorize anything if you just understand the concept behind it. I dont think memorizing much helps in the actual exam.
And dont panic too much because then retention of concepts would be difficult.
so dont relax and get to work...I can say all this because i also havent gone through a few topics at all but i know in the end when pressure builds up, everything will be done.
All the best!
|I have not been able to go through all of the material either. My strategy: focus on 80% (total weighting) of the curriculum and rely on background for the rest. If anything, I'd get 1 out of 3 correct on the things not studied if I guessed at random.
I hate being in this position, but like you I probably won't have time to go through all of the readings.