- CFA Exams
- General Forum
- Topic: Level I is in the rear view
|Author||Topic: Level I is in the rear view|
|Just got my results. 7/10 > 70%, 3/10 51-70%. Passed! Thank you Analyst Notes.
For those who are signed up for Level I, here are the secrets:
1) Devote at least 300 hours to the material.
2) Read the CFAI material. The only areas where I scored <70% were those in which I skipped the CFAI readings.
3) Sign up for Analyst Notes Pro. It is worth it. This was my only supplemental study resource. I lived on this site for 6 months and have nothing but good things to say about it.
4) Use AN to make flash cards while you complete each section. This was really helpful for bringing everything together at the end.
The first exam is not a 50 yard dash. It is a marathon. I suspect Level II is similar. So, in a couple of weeks I'll start preparing for June.
|2-3 months of hard work, 2 months of nervousness, 2 hours of staring at email, finally got the email that I passed. Thank you analystnotes for all the support and help throughout my CFA level 1 journey!
Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70%
- Alternative Investments 8 - - *
- Corporate Finance 20 - - *
- Derivatives 12 - * -
- Economics 24 - - *
- Equity Investments 24 - - *
- Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - * -
- Financial Reporting & Analysis 48 - - *
- Fixed Income Investments 28 - - *
- Portfolio Management 12 - - *
- Quantitative Methods 28 - * -