- CFA Exams
- General Forum
- Topic: What went wrong /right this time?
|Author||Topic: What went wrong /right this time?|
|This is for those who sat for Dec '14.
Please share your word of advice...as what helped and what didn't. Asking from all those who appeared for level 1 regardless of the result. Please be specific ... like common mistakes, unique approach etc. I also read in other threads some of used just CFA text and cleared / didn't ...what was the key factor!
|I think what went wrong for me was exhaustion on the second exam. It is important to rest the friday before the exam otherwise you might just pass out.|
|keep going, even when you think that you can't fit any more into your head.
or worse, if you get 26% on your first mock and think you know nothing at all (i did).
keep going, keep reading, read ethics, read anything, just keep going!
Level 1 tests your ability to read a lot of material, your endurance, and your ability to sit 2 x 3 hour exams.
No great intellect required, just tenacity.
(I passed :o))
|I passed level one in June. What helped a lot for me was
1. I studied all the materials and practiced half questions or some of them.
2. I had 3 weeks for review of topics, practice exams etc
3. I equipped myself fully in areas that I knew
4. I got roughly the basics in my weak areas and commonly tested areas in those areas like derivatives, alternatives etc
5. I worked more on highly weighted areas
5. Read the summary notes at the last minute (2 days before the exam).
All the best! I am now studying for level 2. same method again... hopefully it will be fine.
Gambatte..all the best
CFA Discussion Topic: What went wrong /right this time?
I just wanted to share the good news that I passed CFA Level I!!! Thank you for your help - I think the online question bank helped cut the clutter and made a positive difference.